Monday, July 18, 2011

Bone To Pick

Alright, I've got something on my mind that is slightly buggin.

Before I posted about how many of my friends were engaged/married, and there was a solid handful. Now I can add much more to the list, and a lot of the girls are closer to my age, it's really cool, exciting even. My good friend Karli posted something on facebook about how many of her own friends had been engaged in the last couple of weeks. I read her post, smiled and agreed that this is crazy! but also awesome. And so I followed the post down and read some of the comments. One was posted by one of my friends from highschool.

"Too many, too soon."

I was offended by that. When people look down upon the LDS culture for getting married quickly, or young, it just pushes my annoyed button. (Located on my left shoulder)

People can get married if they want to! In fact, DO! DO GET MARRIED! And do it with a happy heart and a faithful perspective. If they feel right about it, fine. Let them. Don't look down on them. Because chances are they will raise a more successful family that any nay-sayers will, because they, hopefully, base their life and marriage on the gospel and not their own selfish desires.
I think it's incredibly near-sighted when people base their opinions off of their own small perspective. So what if you are a college student loving the single life and not planning to marry til youre 25,26,27? K cool. Cool for you. But when people are happy together, let them be happy together. Let them marry and make their love official by BEING MARRIED!
It's important, it's special, it's fun, it's hard. Whatever, if you want to, pray about it, do it. It's great, or so I hear.:)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment