Saturday, November 26, 2011

SO MUCH Love In You

Shame.

When you know you haven't done something you were supposed to do.
Like blog once a week about helping people.
Oops?
No, not oops. I purposefully forgot about it. In Psychology they tell you about this problem where people, SUBCONSCIOUSLY, PURPOSEFULLY, forget the things they don't want to do. There's a name for it but I really can't remember right now ANYWAY

I think that going away to college was the most normal thing I could have possibly done. And everyone is always like, "I learned SO MUCH when I moved away" blah blah blah.
Sad day: it's true.
But it wasn't what I thought it would be.
I would hear people say that and I would think, Oh. That's because they didn't know how to do laundry before they left their house. Ha.
And for some people, that's true.
But maybe what they're really talking about is how they learned SO MUCH that they aren't invincible. Or that they do actually need people in their lives. Or that maybe they are more desperate for a relationship than they originally had thought. Or that everyone is really on the same playing field, spiritually, even if we have different positions on that field. And how you can get brought down so easily, and life can bite you on your ear and make you sore in places you didn't even know existed.
College has taught me SO MUCH. And now I'm just like everybody else because I've learned SO MUCH.
Blah blah.
So helping people. That's where you learn how nothing you are.
This post is a LITTLE BIT sounding like I have no self-esteem. That's not the case at all. I just have been metaphorically slammed in the face with a huge dose of HUMBLE STINKIN PIE.
And now I'm swimming in the filling. Like, how do you get out of this stuff?
Really, though. How do you start feeling on top 'o da world again? Because right now I just feel like,
"La dee da. College is kicking my trash. I thought everything was dandy but only some things are dandy. Woo hooooooo."
I almost feel like I should delete half of this post. No I won't. Here's how life really is for me right now:
I love my family
I love my school
I love my life choices
I love my boots that I bought this week
I love my friends
Especially my Ashley
I love puppies
I love pumpkin pie
I love food
Especially potatoes
I love my roommates
I love that Amber and Rachel are my newest best friends
I love that Rachel Schlappi is engaged (HOLLER-LUJAH)
I love that Becca Hitchcock is engaged (HOLLER ALSO)
I love that I am a part of the newly-thought-of Face-to-Facebook (copyright Rachel Weiler)
I love that as soon as I started doing this, a bunch of things came to mind.

I love my life. It loves me. Sometimes it shows it in weird ways, but I know it does. We make a great team, my life and I. And really, college has taught me SO MUCH.

1 comment:

  1. A-freakin-men. I don't even know what else to say. But I agree.

    ReplyDelete