Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Adventure Begins

it was a dark and stormy night. like nights normally are in these kinds of stories. the wind was howling, my stomach growling, and everywhere you looked there were people scurrying like ants to get home. now. i didnt tell anyone i had gone. i just walked out the front door, took my longboard and went wherever the wind blew me. and thats when it happened. i was running across the street carrying longboardy under my arm (thats the safest way, mom says) and a piece of paper smacked me right in my face. i thought that only happened in movies. furious at the smashed tree pulp i stomped the last few yards over to the curb and sat down. i looked at the paper, and it looked back at me. at least the words did. and this is what it said:.................................................................................. "Dear Jake, last night i found something out. something that is probably going to change my life forever. ........ i... broke my refridgerator. well, its your refridgerator. cuz we live in the same apartment. youre my roommate. anyway. i cant pay you to fix it. so i gave my room to a hobo and im running away. im not telling anyone where im going. i walked out the front door and i took my longboard, and im letting the wind guide me to my next destination. try not to displease the hobo. he might hurt you. All my love, Ted"........................................................ immediately i felt a connection with this "ted." our handwriting was so similar! and this was especially strange because ted was a guy, i was (am) a girl. never before had i seen someone scrawl like i did. and so i decided that i must go off and find the alledged ted. and i must start by finding Jake. how hard could it be? and the adventure began. and not a moment too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment