Monday, January 24, 2011

I've Got the Bridal Blues (someone make a song out of this)

I am finding myself with too much time between 12:30 and 4:00 PM on mondays. Agh.

So here I am, eating my lunch, upstairs in the institute, hiding out because I need to concentrate and also because there is a horrible mess on my face ( I killed my face. Seriously.) I also brought a half a pack of Saltine Crackers, and I'm looking down and seeing that as much as I try to suck on the cracker, the crumbs still fall. Preschooler eating status.
So good, but so messy.
Anyway. A long time ago (about two years, actually.) I decided I wanted to get married on 11/11/11. Back then (two years ago) that seemed like a reasonable and attainable goal. I could have made it my New Years Resolution for that year and felt good about making that goal.
Yippee! (Imagine she has sleeves)

But now. Oh ho ho now. It's January 24th, 2011 (01/24/11 for all of you who can't read proper English) (("Because I am so proper all the time," she said as she used a double parentheses.)) And I'm looking at the date and BOOM HIT ME IN THE FACE. AGH 11/11/11 is coming in t-minus 11 months! Which means... Lynzi won't be getting married in 11 months. Outlook is dim. Chances are slim. *somethingsomethingmumbleblahblah* Him! three rhymings. So I just was a little sad yesterday because my dream of being married on the most EPIC WISHING DAY EVER will most likely not come true. Never mind the fact that its very much smack dab at the end of the semester when everything is crazy with school. But I thought to myself,
It's perfect! It meets all my necessary criteria!
-It's a Friday
-It has some sort of dately significance
-IT'S AT A TIME WHEN IT'S NOT SO STINKING hot outside (agh kill Arizona for being so hot and preventing me from being married 8 out of the 12 months of the year.)
-yeah that last one is the only criteria I really care about. It being on a Friday was an ultimate bonus.

Then my mom said, "*Psht* Everyone and their dog will be getting married on that day."
And I said, "Well dogs don't get married in the temple so that eliminates half..."

But ah man! My dream has become a shattered stained glass window, remnants lying beautiful and glistening on the floor, and no amount of sparkly wedding glue is gonna put this picture back together again.
Oh well.
Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday

2 comments:

  1. when you come to p-town your chances go up by like 96.9 (yes, the radio station) percent. I learned that in stats, okay i never took stats... but everyone and their dog knows that you'll get married when you come to the Y :)
    ahh can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete