Friday, June 18, 2010

Cold As Ice

I hate the Ice Age movies. I hate them. I hate the animation, especially of the sloth and squirrel. Especially the squirrel. He is disgusting, he is crazy, his stupid nose is way too long and he cannot speak, although all the rest of the characters can. His bulging eyes and scrawny neck make me want to gouge out those eyes and wring that neck. 

The sloth is stupid and ugly as well. His lisp is endearing to some, and i dont think any less of you if you are a Sid fan, but I personally hate it. I think the Ice Age movies are poorly animated and humourless. (english version of humour for snob effect) I think the ugly characters are supposed to add to the humour, perhaps because it is not funny enough already, so they had to make the characters as ugly as all get out to add to the slap stick humour.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not always opposed to slap stick, but i just found myself hating this cartoon. Which is weird. I'm a cartoon lover. I love animated movies, way more than the next guy. But this one is just a barf fest for me. And they made THREE OF THEM! THREE! It's like they thought, "Ok, the first one was alright, but we can make the next two worse. Let's do it. Jimmy, get your smelly self back into character! It's Sid time." Ugh. 

I also hate Enya. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Thats how I feel about Shrek. Glad they finally finished it off!!!!

    ReplyDelete